bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have a client who is currently employed and also runs a

Customer Question

I have a client who is currently employed and also runs a small employment business and has a buy to let property, both of which show a small profit of about £7,000 and £2,000 respectively.
Would she be better off if she incorporated both the self-employment business and buy to let property into a limited company rather than through self-assessment which she currently does?
Paul
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be bale to help you with your question.

What is her annual income from her employment, please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is approximately £55,000 gross

You are probably marginally better to operate through a limited company, but there is not an awful lot in it. The palaver of running a company may not be the game worth the candle.