How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6312
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a client who is currently employed and also runs a

Customer Question

I have a client who is currently employed and also runs a small employment business and has a buy to let property, both of which show a small profit of about £7,000 and £2,000 respectively.
Would she be better off if she incorporated both the self-employment business and buy to let property into a limited company rather than through self-assessment which she currently does?
Many thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be bale to help you with your question.

What is her annual income from her employment, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is approximately £55,000 gross
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 9 months ago.

You are probably marginally better to operate through a limited company, but there is not an awful lot in it. The palaver of running a company may not be the game worth the candle.