How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14648
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

How many days do you have to work outside the uk before you

Customer Question

How many days do you have to work outside the uk before you have to pay uk tax and vat
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.


If you spend less than 90 days in the UK - then as an individual you are not liable to UK tax but then to the country you live in - VAT remains payable on any business (sole trader) registered in the UK as VAT regostered

But VAT and tax is different if its a business (such as a limited company)as the tax and VAT remin liable as its a UK entity