Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a Chinese citizen but have been residing in the UK

Customer Question

Hello,I am a Chinese citizen but have been residing in the UK since 2006. I am UK tax payer.I have recently been rewarded with some stock options by my employer with vesting in 2023.It is not clear to me what tax liabilities I have on the stock options before or at vesting.Please let me know if this is something you can assist and what details do you need.Many thanks,Tiance Zhang
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Is this share option scheme HMRC approved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I have asked our HR to confirm this point as I do not have the slightest idea. Meantime please can you advise what difference does it make to me whether the scheme is HMRC approved or not? My employer is a FTSE 100 company.

It most certainly does make a difference to the Income Tax (IT) position. I will await your reply.

I would like to talk to you, but I am responding to your question from a time zone 6 hours ahead of BST thus making telephonic communication both impractical and expensive.