bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have moved to a new job and agreed a relocation of £2,000

Customer Question

I have moved to a new job and agreed a relocation of £2,000 and my boss has said he won't consider the deposit on my rental property as part of the package! I believe it is a legitimate cost can you confirm
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

It may be a legitimate cost, but it depends upon the individual package negotiated between employer and new employee. If your employer will not entertain it then, regrettably, it is hard cheese as far as you are concerned.

I am so sorry to have to impart such gloomy news.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was no detail attached to the agreement of £2K and I did tell him I would be claiming it! also in corporate world as long as you don't leave in the first two years it is written off. If you leave you pay it back

Frankly, I do not think you have a leg to stand on in this matter, sorry.