Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Dear Jo, I am from Madrid and my boy-friend is English and

Customer Question

Dear Jo,
I am from Madrid and my boy-friend is English and living in London, we have a steady relation since 11 years but everybody is living in his country. If I marry him, how would it be with our taxes, I am working for a Spanish company in Madrid and he is already retired, but he has a couple of properties. He has no children.
Expert:  Sam replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 14 days ago.

There is no Jo on Just Answer who can advsie on UK taxes but your taxes would be as individuals as we practice independent taxation in the UK - so unless you come to live in the UK, in which your income will be considered here in the UK (and any foreign tax suffered allowed against the UK tax position under the double taxation treaty the UK has with Madrid) your boyfriends would stay the same