How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6180
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

L was a teacher in Birmingham in the 1970s. I need a record

Customer Question

Hi l was a teacher in Birmingham in the 1970s. I need a record of the schools l taught at but records go back only 7years. The Tax Dept can give me a record of taxes paid but not proof of schools I worked at .How can I get this info. Thanks Vivien
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

With difficulty, have you got your P60s? They might shed some light on the position. My Mother taught me basic tax and my files go back to when I started work in 1961. I have frequently annoyed HMRC and their predecessors the Inland Revenu by quoting from my files. Thye weed theirs and cannot respond!

I am so sorry not to be able to point you in a better direction.