How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7937
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I wonder if you could try and help me.... I have never

Customer Question

I wonder if you could try and help me....
I have never received the Pension, but was working as a carer for the last 15 years in the UK. My Annual Tax Summary 2016-17 taxed me on the basis of having received the pension. Is there any chance of querying the matter - or should I find my nearest tax office for information?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Who paid you this pension?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no pension.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was told this service would cost me £36. Now you are asking for £43?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please don't bother about it. I will try and find out myself
Expert: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am another UK based Tax Expert and will be happy to help you.

Are you able to send me a copy of your annual tax summary here. I will have a quick look and respond to you.

Many thanks.