How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14744
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I currently get my tax returns prepared and submitted to

This answer was rated:

Hi Sam,
I currently get my tax returns prepared and submitted to HMRC by Moore Stephens but am not happy about their service. Can you advise whether I should move to another firm, or just do my returns myself; obviously I need to tell you of my circumstances.
Also, what are the rules re: overseas bank accounts & investments?
Unfortunately, my e-mail is 'down thanks to Microsoft updates, can we please talk on the phone?
Kind regards,
Dr Ashok Hegde
07831 878 405

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Hi Ashok

If you wish a phone call then please do it via the telephone request service - thanks

You can do the returns yourself but when did you arrive in the UK and do you bring any foreign money into the UK ro spend it in the UK - how much do these investments generate in annual income



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Sam,
1. Re: your question: I came to UK in 1959 and have studied then worked her ever since.
2. I asked the question re: overseas accounts as I read that HMRC is penalising anybody who doesn't declare their overeseas holdings.
3. My bank accounts/investments overseas generate approx. £2000 per annum in interest.
4. I have not brought any foreign money into UK.
5. Will I incur any risks (eg HMRC Investigations) from moving my tax returns from Moore Stephens or declaring my overseas bank accounts?
Kind regards,