How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6746
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I work from home in the UK for a US company. The US company

This answer was rated:

I work from home in the UK for a US company. The US company pays a Swiss company to do PAYE, so effectively I am a full time employee to the Swiss company. I get paid in US dollars which are converted by the Swiss company to GBP and then transferred to my UK GBP account.
I get expenses directly for travel and also for internet (as I work from home) and medical cover.I do my own self assessment tax return. I declare the medical cover and end up with some additional tax to pay.
The question is whether I could be claiming any other tax relief as I am working full time from home?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You are receiving your Personal Allowance through the pAYE system, I trust?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am

Unfortunately, as you are on PAYE and an employed person your options are very limited to fees to professional institutions and pension contributions.

I am so sorry to have to pass on the bad news.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok no problem that was what I suspected.

Thsnk you for your support.