Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Is VAT and/or import tax payable on perfume bought and sent

Is VAT and/or import tax payable on perfume bought and sent from USA
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Which state in the USA and the value of the perfume you plan to bring into the UK at a time

is this for you or to sell on ?

What will be your annual turnover projection on sales ?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I don't know the State, but it is only one 1.6oz bottle at £43.63 for my personal use

Then there is no Customs duty as worth less than £120 but there will be Import VAT as over £18 which will cost 24% so you are looking at an additional £15 to pay bringing this up to £59 (rounded up)

Let me know if I can assist further, or if you have all that you need, it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of assistance I have provided