bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I was with sanzar solutions bach in 2009... i have been

Hi I was with sanzar solutions bach in 2009... i have been paying back the tax owed since then which was on an agreement however received an email from a company acting on behalf of the loan trustee the following in the message... Over the last few months, you will have received letters (attached to this email) and emails from Helpline Services Ltd (Trusthelpline.com) (THL) acting in our capacity as Communication Administrators, engaged by the Trustees of the Trusts and former employers of several Brands, one of which (or more than one) were involved with you and your former employer.
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: In the past yes however i am travelling atm and cant get hold of him.... they said i owe the loan amount and not understanding it properly I thought it wad the tax amount
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: The outstanding loan(s) that you have with one or more of these fall in scope of the 2019 Loan Charge whereby HMRC will retrospectively Tax any loans established through Contractor loan arrangements if the loan(s) are still outstanding on 5th April 2019. You have previously logged into the Portal and confirmed you are the correct person, and you have also supplied your KYC (Know Your Customer) information and we have confirmed your identity. The Trustees require you to urgently engage with THL via their portal located at https://thlportal.azurewesbites.net Please go to the Portal and use “Contact Us” if you no longer have login details. The portal website contains your Loan Statement, highlighting the amounts owed and allows you to obtain further information so you can decide which course of action that best suits you. As you have already supplied your KYC the portal is available to you and the Trustees urgently require you to complete the “Next Steps” section so that they have an indication of your proposals going forward. It should be noted that settling with HMRC will deal with the Tax outstanding but the loan(s) will remain outstanding and attracting interest. The Trustees urgently require you to make your proposals for settling the loan(s).

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help yoou with your question.

I assume that this loan was actually disguised employment income. To whom have you been paying the tax due?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hiya yes thats right.... ive attached the letter to this. So not sure why they are saying I owe the full amount of the loan. I have been paying the tax back with an agreement through HMRC. So my question would be if Inpay the reat of the tax back before april 2019 I dont have to pay the loan... ?

The loan as everybody knows is disguised employment and thus subject to Income tax (IT). Thus you never repay the loan at all. If, however, you do repay it then it follows you have no income from that source and thus no IT to pay thereon.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi again so why are the trustees looking for payment or is still classed and not paid until all the tax is repaid?

I could not say, but it might be an attempt to squeeze money from the gullible.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks yes thought so but needed to check have also emailed HMRC but they can take forever to get back to you...

Unfortunately that is the case. The fact that Sanzar got involved in these types of loans in the first place might make their overall activities questionable.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Thank you for your support.