bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I would like to ask a question with regards to income from

Hi, I would like to ask a question with regards ***** ***** from another country.
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: A friend of mine in South Africa want to set up online payments to a bank account in the UK. Can this be done and what is the best way of doing so?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, it is perfectly simple, why not use PayPal?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Paypal will limit users from making card payments unless they have a paypal account?

A paypal account makes transfers simple.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I agree but what if the person buying something does not have a paypal account? then they can only purchase if they open a paypal account. This would defeat the point of the online card payments

Well yes, but PayPal is so much easier

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok i understand but this is not answering the question. Basically we want to know if I open a bank account for the online payments to go into, and i declare this as additional income and pay the taxes associated to this. Can this be done?

Yes of course no problem at all.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. My last question is if the site is selling what is Legal in South Africa but not legal here in the UK would this cause an issue?

It might, but what do you mean by not legal?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Truth is i'm not sure what the site is selling yet as i'm still finding out the details. But my assumption is that it will be selling Cannabis (weed) this is legal in South Africa but not legal in the UK

Correct, although it will soon be prescribed for medical reasons, I think! Keep away from that would be my advice,

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for the advice. Have a great day. kind regards

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Thank you for your support.