How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14486
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I'm a British citizen married to an Indian living in India.

This answer was rated:

I'm a British citizen married to an Ind***** *****ving in India. Our son, Indian passport with Right of Abode in UK, is planning to settle with his family in UK. According to Indian law, I can send him up to US $250,000 per year. If I send him money as a gift (probably a bit less than the permissible limit), will it be taxed in UK?
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no. This is a preliminary enquiry
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think I've covered the relevant points

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


Thanks for your patience

Gifts are tax free in the UK so he will not be taxed on receipt of this money.



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you. That's good to know