taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Assistant: How can I help? need help with tax investigation

hi
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: need help with tax investigation questions received
Assistant: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: 2017-2018
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: looks like im under investigation

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. If you let me have e look at the list of questions Iwill respond to you shortly.

What has prompted an investigation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi again
i'm self employed for past 5 years, the business is Portable appliance testing, I have been submiting my tax return on time every year, the income does not go above 8k a year, in November 2018 i got a email from tax officer want to know how i got to 8k, i spent month to sort out the details, and just lst week i got more questions regarding my return, 3 questions
1. Please advise if your cliam for car insurance, car tax and petrol has been adjusted for private use
2. please provide evidence of and your method of calculation for fuel claim of £600
3. please advise if you receive any income from any other sources such as online selling platforms.know number 3 is the main concern for me, I have been doing ebay selling and not declaring it on my returns and i'm worried that they already know about this, and don't know why the asking me this, instead of coming to me and saying we know you been trading own up,what do you guys think, and how should i reply back, need help