How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5931
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Assistant: How can I help? i have a question regarding

This answer was rated:

hi there
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a question regarding underpaid tax for this year included in next years tax code
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: i received a tax code notice, where it mention that "due to in year adjustments to your tqx code, we blieve you will owe XXX. So that you pay the right tax for this year, we have included an adjustment to reduce your tax free allowance by yyy to collect xxx" does it mean i have to fill in something under the section "Underpaid tax for 2017-18 included in your tax code for 2018-19" thanks

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

Please advise

- do you fill a self assessment tax return?

If yes, have you filed your tax return 2018

If not, you need to do nothing as HMRC will collect underpaid tax through the tax coding

Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I am currently filing my 2017/2018 tax return. As i am on maternity leave i dont assume i will have to fill on for the year 2018/2019
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
attached what i received in July 2017. Does that mean i dont have to include either the underpayment for previous years, neither the one for 2017/2018, as my tax code was amended accordingly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this is my very first self assessment, so i am slightly confused

Thank you for your reply.

You won't need to do anything as HMRC would have adjusted your tax code for 2018/19 to recoup underpaid tax.

You can't take it for granted that you won't have to fill a tax return for 2018-19. If HMRC wish you to fill one you will get a notice to that effect.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have one other question - in regards ***** *****
i receive medical insurance from my company - do i have to declare the value or not?
i dont receive a P11D document
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just to clarify on the previous question - i will put in 0.00 for both previous years, and 2017/2018 underpaid tax?

Thank you for your reply.

If your employer is paying for your medical insurance, then it is a benefit in kind. I am surprised you have not been issued with a P11d. Please double check with your employer on this subject as you can always send an amended tax return if P11d was to surface.

Put 0.00 for both years.

I hope this ishelpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided before you leave the site, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much your answer - much appreciated.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.

Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.