How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14739
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a retired secretary (2016) and since then had two part

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am a retired secretary (2016) and since then had two part time jobs for which I was given the incorrect tax code. I need some help and information as to how to claim the tax back.
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: 2017 and 2018
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's all, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The company I worked for in 2017 was called The Huntsman (pub) in Wotton-under-Edge, Glos where I worked for 4 weeks. The second company I worked for was Spec Recruitment, based at Druid *****, *****stol in 2018.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


You just need to gather any P60s or P45s for each year and then write into HMRC and ask them to review for a tax refund - if you receive any pensions advsie them of this also and write to

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

They can then review for any tax you have overpaid

Make sure you quote your National Insurance number



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you