How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5728
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I moved abroad 7 years ago and became NT. An agent has

This answer was rated:

Hi i moved abroad 7 years ago and became NT. An agent has offered me some work in Africa but insists on me sending an invoice for work done and a certificate of incorporation from Companies House. Can i register as a limited company without tax implications.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No i havent
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats fine thanks

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

Please clarify for me

- is it your intention to conduct LTD company business from the UK

- how would you do business from UK when you have moved abroad

- why can't you set up a company in your country of residence

Many thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My agent is Manchester based but the company is in the Netherlands. All work to be conducted is offshore oil and gas primarily in east and west Africa. Although i reside in both Spain and Portugal i am not resident in any of those countries.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could i set up a uk company with an address abroad

Thank you for your reply.

If you form a company in the UK, it has to trade from a business address in the UK.

You can be resident outside the UK as the company is a separate legal entity.

The company's profits would be chargeable to UK corporation tax. Provided you don''t draw a salary from the company, there should be no personal tax implications.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can do this without being a uk tax payer

Thank you for your reply.

Company profits are subject to UK corporation tax. For tax purposes, your company is unconnected to you unles you draw a salary from it and then become UK income tax payer.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided before you leave the site, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.