How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6640
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I used an accountant to do the vat for me, we do return vat.

This answer was rated:

Hi, I used an accountant to do the vat for me, we do return vat . Somehow she produced wrong figures and I was paid about £600 more
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: What I can do now to correct this, as she said now she doesn’t want to correct and she don’t know how she produced the figures
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really I need to know how to correct the vat

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Fortunately, VAT is a relatively flexible tax so you merely put the corrections through the next quarterly return. Simple, as the meerkat in the TV advert would say.

I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi ,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The thing is that for the next vat period I don’t have £600 to claim
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It’s less than that because the company isn’t traiding any longer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
would be close as soon as last vat and end of year account it’s done
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need to call HMRC and tell them that the accountant made a mistake and is not willing to recalculate anything for me

surely you can recalculate it yourself?

I will be away for the next couple of hours.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can recalculate, but how do I make an adjustment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok could you please let me know when you ‘ll be available, so we can have a further chat

Like MacArthur, I have returned.

You know from the return form what was declared. You can calculate what should have beer returned. Take one from the other then add or subtract that figure to the current return. That will correct the situation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay I’ll see what I can doThanks for your advice

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi , it’s me again
I’ve got another question
I’ve got a company, but the bank has frozen the funds few months ago, then the police started investigation for something , until this day I haven’t been told why they are investigating.
I’ve got a solicitor dealing with them
And my question is can I close the company if these money still shows in the books, but actually I don’t have the money

My advice would be not until the ;police investigation has concluded.