How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14739
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I was wondering my work has a share investment plan ( I can

This answer was rated:

Hi I was wondering my work has a share investment plan ( I can by shares in my company) can these be included to reduce my net income to under 50k so I don't have to pay the child benefit tax?
Assistant: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: I would be above the threshold for 2018/2019
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can also contribute extra into a pension but would prefer to split between partnership shares and pension

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks,I believe the partnership shares are deducted from income before tax
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi just paid to have a call think this would be best so you can fully understand my requirements, thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you confirm a good time to speak today?