bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have queries regarding income tax, specifically double

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have queries regarding income tax, specifically double taxation
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: current
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am employed by a uk company, I live in the uk. I travel to netherlands to work for a 2week period than travel back to uk for 2weeks, this rotation of 2 on/2off is continuous throughout the year. My employer has been deducting dutch income tax AND UK income tax on the same earnings. I think i should only be paying income tax for one country?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able too help you with your question.

On that rotation you should be paying tax in the UK only. Any Dutch tax deducted will, under the Double Taxation Convention between the UK and Holland, which precludes the same income stream being taxed in both jurisdiction, will be allowed as a tax credit against your UK liability. Your employer is in breach of the Convention and I would suggest that you take this matter up quietly with him.

If you deside a telephone call please offer it formally from your screen display.

Thank you for your support.