bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

If I'm getting US social security benefits because of my

Hello, If I'm getting US social security benefits because of my passed away American husband,do I need to pay a tax in UK beeing a UK resident?I'm not US citizen and Green Card holder.
JA: What's your current age and retirement age?
Customer: I'm 61 now, in November this year 62
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not getting full American pension because ( I think 70%) because I'm not full retirement age.That's it.Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

This pension is taxable ion the UK and you must declare it on your annual self assessment tax return. Any tax deducted by the States is allowed as a tax credit against any UK liability on the same income stream under the Double Taxation Treaty between the two countries which precludes income being deducted in both. .

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I appreciate your help. By the way my Personal Allowance is much less than £ 11.850 per year.Therefore still I have to pay a tax in the U.K.?

Thank you for your support.

Why has your personal allowance been reduced; it may have so been to recover the tax due on your US pension?

Also your kind bonus.