How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Adam Hunt Your Own Question
Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 240
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Adam Hunt is online now

Thank you. I am going to be sourcing items for a client to

This answer was rated:

Hi. Thank you. I am going to be sourcing items for a client to help her furnish a room. I don't know how much the items will cost so am going to bill an allowance, so I have 'kitty' so to speak, which I will use to pay for the items. When I invoice this, do I need to charge VAT?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: NO No. Didn't mean to do cap, sorry.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I don't think so. Thank you.

Hi I am one of the experts. Are you VAT registered?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

If you are VAT registered then yes please put VAT on top on your invoice.

Adam Hunt and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay. Thank you.

Thank you so much.