How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5836
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am full time employed with a Salary of £86,000 with tax

This answer was rated:

Hi There. I am full time employed with a Salary of £86,000 with tax deducted of £22,756. I earned an additional £42,000 in casual work in 2018/19 outside of this employer. What would you calculate my additional tax contributions to be for 2018/19? By my estimation it should be £16,800, however the self assessment portal is giving me a calculation of £21,514.
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: 2018/19
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it thank you

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm happy to just stick to chat. I just want to know ballpark if the HMRC calculation is accurate.

Thank you for your patience.

Your total income in the tax year was £128,000.

You lose £1 in personal allowance for every £2 of net income over £100,000.

As the income is more than £23,700 over the threshold of £100,000 you lose all your personal allowance £11,850.

attached is my calculation for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK great thank you. I just wanted to make sure it was correct.

Thank you for your reply

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.

Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.