How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6825
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

A limited company registered in UK have 2 shareholders /

This answer was rated:

A limited company registered in UK have 2 shareholders / Directors. One based in UK and the other one based abroad Country X (Outside Europe). Company is VAT registered in UK but only buying goods from USA and selling directly abroad in Country X. Purpose of having company registered in UK is to give global image and USA company doesn't charge state taxes for company being VAT registered in UK.
How does company go about paying corporation tax?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

At the end of each company accounting year you must make a Corporation Tax (CT) return on line. The system will advise you of the tax due and how to pay it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would it be a nil tax return for a company? As company is already paying tax abroad?
All VAT returns are being files as nil returns.

In which country is it paying corporate taxes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

The UK has a Double Taxation Treaty with the Ukraine which embraces CT. Any CT paid to that country is allowed as a tax credit against a similar UK liability.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if company has make $100,000 dollar sales and net profit is $40,000 on which company will pay Corporate tax in Ukrain.
Does the company declare full income in UK? And what tax liability comes up they minus the tax already paid and pay difference only?

The one trading to the Ukraine.

Yes, you have the procedure correct.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Last question there is no VAT applicable at all? And filing nil returns are fine ?

Supplies outside the EU are zero rated.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.