bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I represent a UK charity, we are trying source £2m from a

Hi I represent a UK charity, we are trying source £2m from a company that wants to offset this against tax - is this viable, and how long could it make for the charity to get the money, should a suitable donor be found?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: reached out to various auditors of potential donors that pay large sums in tax to HMRC i have requested their auditors to place my request before their clients to consider offsetting some of this amount to the charity for the tax deduction
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: also do probate laws sometimes choose a charity if a client has left cash in their will for a charity? that's my questions

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

A company may make charitable donations, assuming its Articles so permit, and these are allowable against its Corporation Tax (CT) liability in the year of donation.

The concept of a charity being chosen by other than the deceased in his testamentary writings is, in general terms, not permitted although it sometimes has to be done where say a charity has ceased to exist. .

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you the answer - makes sense

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.