taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have a query about VAT registration, would you be able to

Hi, I have a query about VAT registration, would you be able to advise me please
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, it was just general advice I was after
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. Please expand on your question and I will respond to you shortly.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am an administrator for a GP Academy which is registered as a limited company. The Academy is comprised of 12 GP practices who take third and fifth year medical students from the university and carry out training in a primary care setting. The university pays the Academy an agreed fee per student for the training - the academy invoices the university and receives payment which is then paid out to the practices as agreed. The academy will receive around £255,000 in payments this year. My question is should the Academy register for VAT in view of the amount received exceeding £85,000 or is the training of medical students exempt from VAT payment? Thank you for your advice.

In my considered view, training of medical students in a primary care setting is exempt from VAt.

You may find information here helpful. Look at VAT reliefs and exemptions

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you for your reply

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service positively/accept the service I have provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.