How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8417
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I need to de merge a vat group of companies i have quickly

This answer was rated:

i need to de merge a vat group of companies i have quickly and then change the vat period for one of them
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have 3 companies in the group and want to remove one and change the vat period of that one company

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

HMRC may not allow the VAT period of one company to be changed at all, be warned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help with the removal of one company and change the period for vat?

All you need to do is write to the VAT Office and ask, but the request will probably be refused.

Demerging is simple, you just remove one company from the group.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.