Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
105330465

I work for a VAT registered uk charity. we are about to

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i work for a VAT registered uk charity. we are about to undertake a building project annex to an existing building, which is for accommodation/facilities for people who come to our religious retreats. I am told by our book keeper we can re claim the VAT for the costs as the builder is VAT registered too, is this the case?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: The project will come in around 95000. as a charity a lot of our services we offer arnt generally VATable, ie teaching of meditation

Hi I am one of the experts. If you are VAT registered and also the builder in question is VAT registered and they will send you Invoice including VAT then yes you should claim it back.

Hope I have answered your question?