How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Adam Hunt Your Own Question
Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 326
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Adam Hunt is online now

I work for a VAT registered uk charity. we are about to

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i work for a VAT registered uk charity. we are about to undertake a building project annex to an existing building, which is for accommodation/facilities for people who come to our religious retreats. I am told by our book keeper we can re claim the VAT for the costs as the builder is VAT registered too, is this the case?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: The project will come in around 95000. as a charity a lot of our services we offer arnt generally VATable, ie teaching of meditation

Hi I am one of the experts. If you are VAT registered and also the builder in question is VAT registered and they will send you Invoice including VAT then yes you should claim it back.

Hope I have answered your question?

Adam Hunt and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you