bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Our financial dataset is being held by a previous advisor

Our financial dataset is being held by a previous advisor who was dismissed due to poor and incorrect tax advice. They own the subscription (and therefore have been paying for it) and refuse to transfer it to us even with a previous offer being made to pay for the whole subscription period. They claim that they are out of pocket for fees, however given that the advice given was not correct and required subsequent work and cost to unwind, we feel should be an entirely separate matter to the request to transfer control of our financial dataset to us. The risk to our business of not owning that data is unacceptably high.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What do you specifically want to know about this?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I would like to know how I should handle this situation. We have spoken to them an they are difficult very dishonest. Any advice would be great

What is the potential risk of not having access to it?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
We need it for compliance they have access to all our banking records etc

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

This is a matter for a competent solicitor whom I suggest you approach.

There may be criminal offences here if access to your data is being refused. Demanding the settlement of invoices for slovenly service is highly suspect. Claiming a lein under such circumstances is improper.

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS

Thank you for your support.