How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8190
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a pensioner who receivesa small pension from Canada.

Customer Question

I am a pensioner who receivesa small pension from Canada. The amount is around £9000 annually. I have been sent forms from HMRC, but I am having problems filling it out. I have T4forms from Canada Revenue Services for the amounts received
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I have talked to the HMRCand they sent me forms. The said I only had to fill out the income I receive in the UK. My question is about any help I get financially to pay the bills,as the pension does not cove my living expenses, I help my mother who is disabled,and she helps me pay my Council Tax and Car insurance
Assistant: Are there other sources of income besides the disability payments?
Customer: The payments come from the ATTENDEES Allowance she receives to pay for any help she gets..£300 a month.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Apart from my personal pensions from Canada,no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Expert: replied 7 months ago.

Thank you fo ryour question.

Contributions by your mother to help you with your council tax and car insurance payments are out of scope of income tax. You don't report these when completing your tax return as these are not deemed income subject to income tax.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’llbe happy to respond.