Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a pensioner who receivesa small pension from Canada.

Customer Question

I am a pensioner who receivesa small pension from Canada. The amount is around £9000 annually. I have been sent forms from HMRC, but I am having problems filling it out. I have T4forms from Canada Revenue Services for the amounts received
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I have talked to the HMRCand they sent me forms. The said I only had to fill out the income I receive in the UK. My question is about any help I get financially to pay the bills,as the pension does not cove my living expenses, I help my mother who is disabled,and she helps me pay my Council Tax and Car insurance
Assistant: Are there other sources of income besides the disability payments?
Customer: The payments come from the ATTENDEES Allowance she receives to pay for any help she gets..£300 a month.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Apart from my personal pensions from Canada,no
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you fo ryour question.

Contributions by your mother to help you with your council tax and car insurance payments are out of scope of income tax. You don't report these when completing your tax return as these are not deemed income subject to income tax.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’llbe happy to respond.