How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Adam Hunt Your Own Question
Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 398
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Adam Hunt is online now

Iam being Penalisedby M, HMRC unjustly. I retired from my

This answer was rated:

Iam being Penalisedby M
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: HMRC unjustly. I retired from my business after a domestic accident and Tax penalties NOW are £100 plus £10 per day from 1st MAY I am only PAYE via direct international Pension. I am amazed and not in the best of mobilty
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: AGE uk talked t me as can not DRIVE since accident to spine and Hip plus broken bones
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not evading HMRC but it is unfair n unjust

Hi I am one of the experts. I am sorry to hear this.

About penalties, first you need to submit self-assessment return asap and then appeal against penalties. You can write about your accident and also send supporting evidence of hospital appointments or letters to prove your innocence. If HMRC finds this reason as reasonable then they can remove penalties.

YOu need to post this appeal to the following address:

Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Hope i have answered your question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much for a straight reply. I have to do the extra effort to think of a fair n just conclusion. As stated initially my mobility is so restricted and tire very easily. I will need big sleep right now. GOD BLESS YOU. ..Evelyn shall be in touch once refreshed.

You are welcome and take care. Please do me one favour that rate me also so that I will be grateful. Thank you

Adam Hunt and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

0300(###) ###-####/strong>

0300(###) ###-####/strong>

Online link for appeal as this might be helpful,