How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6097
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am mini cab(Uber) driver. I am doing my self assessment

This answer was rated:

I am mini cab(Uber) driver. I am doing my self assessment for 2018-19. I purchased a used car for £7500 with 92g CO2. Where do I need to show the cost.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No I didn't. I looked online how to do tax returns
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2018-2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: should I add licencing cost (for TFL Licence and PHV Licence) to total car expenses

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

Purchase of a used car for £7500. You would claim capital allowance at 18% on this car and show the figure within capital allowances. TYou don't charge the whole cost in your accounts in one go as it is not a commercial vehicle.

You can add licencing cost within total car expenses.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to fill this in, Other Capital Allowance of Capital Allowance section

Thank you for your reply.

Fill in other capital allowance of capital allowance section.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service positively/accept the service I have provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.