taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am mini cab(Uber) driver. I am doing my self assessment

I am mini cab(Uber) driver. I am doing my self assessment for 2018-19. I purchased a used car for £7500 with 92g CO2. Where do I need to show the cost.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No I didn't. I looked online how to do tax returns
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2018-2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: should I add licencing cost (for TFL Licence and PHV Licence) to total car expenses

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Purchase of a used car for £7500. You would claim capital allowance at 18% on this car and show the figure within capital allowances. TYou don't charge the whole cost in your accounts in one go as it is not a commercial vehicle.

You can add licencing cost within total car expenses.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I need to fill this in, Other Capital Allowance of Capital Allowance section

Thank you for your reply.

Fill in other capital allowance of capital allowance section.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service positively/accept the service I have provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.