How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Adam Hunt Your Own Question
Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Adam Hunt is online now

Do clubs and societies have to pay income tax on their

This answer was rated:

do clubs and societies have to pay income tax on their surplus fees?

Hi, I am one of the experts. I will come back to you little later, plz bear with me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Adam I got your specific answer re our residents' association a couple of days ago. I wrote to HMRC and they are not definitive. In general, do clubs and societies have to register with HMRC ?

Clubs or communities are normally liable for corporation tax so they are not subject to income tax.

I see but still association comes under corporation tax so you need to talk about it to corporation tax helpline hmrc and they will register you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, That's helpful.

Please also do me a favour that rate me before you leave. Good luck

Adam Hunt and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you