taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have sold my house and will be renting for one year. Can I

I have sold my house and will be renting for one year. Can I claim any percentage of the rent back against my limited company, which will be the address I rent at?
JA: When was the property or asset sold?
Customer: It will be sold, last week in August, renting property for 1 year, starting September
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Understood
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Text answer would be great
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long will it take for a response to my question please?

The expense has to be wholly and exclusive for the purpose of your business for it to be allowed for tax purposes. I don't see how you can justify claiming a percentage of rent against your LTD company expenses unless you use a specific room in the new property for business purposes only. In that case you could justify a percentage of rent based on covered area used for business purposes.

I hope this is helpful andanswers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Understood. Then for bedroom house, you could justify 25% of the rent as rebate, as one room is consistently used as office for Limited Company..Would you agree?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
4 bedroom house..sorry

Thank you for your reply.

If one room is exclusively used for business purposes on a 24/7 basis then you can justify claiming a percentage of rent based on square footage. I may suggest that you consider for example 70-75% of the 25% on the grounds that the room may not be not used for 24 hours a day on business purposes.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service positively/accept the service I have provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks and understood
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will rate the service now

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.