How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16667
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I need some help with pension tax relief on the self

This answer was rated:

hi I need some help with pension tax relief on the self assessment form, please
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: 201819
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to use my higher rate allowance from previous years

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Can you tell me what you are looking to do please.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid a large lump sum into my pension (scot widows) in March 2018. My income for 2018/19 was not high enough that there is high rate earnings to get the additional tax relief for the entire sum - but I did not use my £40k allowance in 2017/18 and would like to have the high rate tax I paid in that year apply to the balance of the sum.

Thanks for the call.