bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My husband is a first time buyer. I have sold my property.

My husband is a first time buyer. I have sold my property. He is buying a property in his name. Does he gave to pay stamp duty on this property if I have owned one before.
Assistant: When was the property or asset sold?
Customer: It is going through now. He hasn't put an offer on a property yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I have my name on the deed at a later date or not

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Stamp Duty has been abolished, the powers delegated to regional parliaments and assemblies and renamed. In which part of the UK is this residence?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
England

Then we are talking about Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT). He will be entitled to the first time buyer concessions. When you have your name put on the deeds the SDLT 3% surcharge will apply.

Thank you for your support.