Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

If the law changes on Stamp Duty in the UK while I am in the

If the law changes on Stamp Duty in the UK while I am in the process of exchanging for our property, at what point are we no longer viable to receive the government's change in policy - if hypothetically it were to happen in Sept - Oct?Could the government make an exception for properties exchanged in the lead up to the policy change?

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

IF the law were to change re stamp duty it would not affect until April 2020 anyway so you are unlikely to be caught up with any policy change for the timeline in question.