TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

My situation is as follows: I have an employment contract in

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My situation is as follows:
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I have an employment contract in the Netherlands. My wife works and lives in the UK. As I work more than 183 days in the U.K. from the London office of my Dutch employer, the Dutch tax authorities claim that I have to file for taxes in the UK for those days that I was in the UK. I have never filed for taxes in the UK before, but I have a national insurance number. Could you please advise me how to proceed with this?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: The current year. My situation is as of 2019
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 days ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 days ago.

If you are working i the UK then you can be a TAX resident. If you are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in a tax year you will be resident in the UK for that year. our wages are taxable to the UK then

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your answer. One more question I have is I have been told by the Dutch tax authorities that they will tax my salary for the days that was working in the Netherlands, about 150 days. The remaining 214 days should be taxed in the UK. Is this correct?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 days ago.

Yes

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 days ago.

You are most welcome.
A 5 star positive rating would be appreciated Scroll up to see the stars to rate

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 6 days ago.

Please let me know what other information you need.