How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9016
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I renewed my tier 2 visa in order to continue working in uk

This answer was rated:

I renewed my tier 2 visa in order to continue working in uk on same job
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Is this tax deductible
Assistant: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: 2017-18
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Are you self employed or work for an employer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I work for NHS

In my opinion this expenditure, if claimed as an expense in employment, would be rejected by HMRC. Right to remain embraces far wider parameters than just employment.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you so much

Delighted to have been of assistance. I would suggest that you claim it and see what happens. After all, it can only be rejected.

Thank you for your support.