How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16711
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I am a higher rate tax payer am in full time employment and

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am a higher rate tax payer am in full time employment and have a limited company Can I offset any of my income tax if I make investments into my company?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: It would be forward looking
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also going to be buying a second home to rent to my parents.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

I'm afraid you cannot claim tax relief for investing in your own company.

If you borrow money personally and lend it to your company you can claim tax relief against your income for the interest.

If you rent a property to your parents at a less than commercial rent then any loss can only be offset against a future profit from the letting of the same property to your parents.

I hope this clarifies matters but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, thank you