How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7768
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a quick question regards brining in money to the UK.

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a quick question regards ***** ***** money to the UK. I live and work in Thailand and have a work permit and tax ID in Thailand. However I have invested in an Isle of Man company and the investment is ready to pay out.
Assistant: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Do i have to pay tax if I put the revenue from the investment into my uk bank account?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it. Just to see if I have to pay tax on that income or not
Assistant: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: This year

Helo, I m one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

When you left the UK for Thailand did you send a Form P85 to your tax office?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont recall doing so
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've been here 19yrs so i dont recall doing it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Btw as I have not received a call will I still be charged the £44
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, are you still available?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is going on here? I thought we were having a conversation...since I paid £44 there has been no text response and no call

Then you should do so immediately notifying your original departure date. Fortunately there is no time limit on its submission, it is available on the web and can be filed on line. On receipt HMRC will classify you as non-resident.

You will not be charged for the phone call at this stage. I am in Thailand just now so if you like to ring on###-##-####at once we can talk. My name is Keith.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Here you are, historic personal allowances:

Thank you for your support.