How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 22897
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

We have a limited company with 3 shareholders. We are about

This answer was rated:

Hello. We have a limited company with 3 shareholders. We are about to rent a premises, but the landlord doesn’t want to have a tenancy agreement between himself and our company, but between himself and one of the shareholders. My question is that if we have agreement as he wants, would we be able to still lawfully write it down as a business expense and use it for tax deduction?
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: We are not trading yet, so it most probably will be 19/20
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that’s it

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

You can claim expenses for rent for business premises even of only one shareholder is the responsible person. As long as used for business then it is deductible

You are most welcome.
A 5 star positive rating would be appreciated

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much for your answer!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have a nice day