bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am buyer a house under one title. The property has a main

I am buyer a house under one title. The property has a main house and a detached double garage which houses an independent annex with its own entrance, kitchen, bathroom and living/ bedroom. It has its own address 24a the main house is 24. It is currently let on a AST and we intend this arrangement to continue. The annex also pays its own council tax. My question is in regard to stamp duty. Will we be eligible for multiple dwelling relief when purchasing the property. The sale cost is £500k

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. My reply assumes that the property is in England.

Stamp Duty has been abolished, delegated to regional parliaments and assemblies and renamed.

You will be entitled to Relief for multiple dwellings, see here for full detail:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/stamp-duty-land-tax-relief-for-land-or-property-transactions#sdlt-relief-for-multiple-dwellings

Thank you for your support.