taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am trying to cancel my car tax it now sorn and I do nt

Customer Question

I am trying to cancel my car tax it now sorn and I do nt know how to stop paying dd
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no i am trying to do it on line
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

DVLA will cancel your direct debit once they have processed your SORN.

More information on this can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit/cancelling

My advice is to also cancel it with your bank by going to online banking and cancelling the direct debit from your DD list.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.