How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7805
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Ok so i am employed full time and i also had a self employed

Customer Question

Hello, good morning
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Ok so i am employed full time and i also had a self employed part time job. HMRC contacted me over 'disguised rumumeration' - and it turns out the part time job werent paying my taxes and National insurance - hence why i had to register for self employment end of september
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: sole
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure, i have just done my first self assessment but im not too sure whether its correct
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I may be a bit thick and stupid, but your question does not hang together. In your part time self employment the payment of tax and NI is your personal responsiblity. Perhaps you mean that your full time employer is not deducting these taxes in which case you should report their antics to HMRC.