How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7813
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have recently had a bathroom amended for my disabled

This answer was rated:

I have recently had a bathroom amended for my disabled mother. Therefore, suitable for a disabled person. I understand VAT on materials can be claimed back. Is this true? In addition what is the process to claim back ?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Well, yes and no; this is a zero rated supply under VAT Notice 708. You should have warned the supplier to issue an invoice charging VAT at 0% and he could have so warned his suppliers. These various people could now issue new invoices with the correct rate of VAT and refund the over payments. Needless to say you will not be the most popular teddy on the block!

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.