bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have recently had a bathroom amended for my disabled

I have recently had a bathroom amended for my disabled mother. Therefore, suitable for a disabled person. I understand VAT on materials can be claimed back. Is this true? In addition what is the process to claim back ?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Well, yes and no; this is a zero rated supply under VAT Notice 708. You should have warned the supplier to issue an invoice charging VAT at 0% and he could have so warned his suppliers. These various people could now issue new invoices with the correct rate of VAT and refund the over payments. Needless to say you will not be the most popular teddy on the block!

Thank you for your support.