TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Thank you. I'm working free lance and have not factored in

Customer Question

Hi - thank you. I'm working free lance and have not factored in the tax I will need to pay on my income. I invoice and am paid weekly under a company name I use for other freelance work (tutoring). How do I go about calculating and paying the tax I imagine I will need to pay? I have sent 7 invoices to date - approximating 3-4,000 pounds. I will also be getting income next year from my tutoring business - it will not amount to a significant sum but will be added to other incomes - again - how do I arrange and calculate the tax I need to pay? Thank you for your advice.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: First invoice August 2019. This work is ongoing and the tutoring income will begin from January 2020. (I am also a supply teacher - this will resume next year - I DO pay tax on this income via a payroll company).
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing further thank you
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 days ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 days ago.

You will file a SELF ASSESSMENT tax return

If you did not send one last year, you need to register for Self Assessment and Class 2 National Insurance.

Register by 5 October in your business’s second tax year.

Register online at the below link

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CWF1ST?dept-name=CWF1&sub-dep

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 9 days ago.

Please let me know what other information you need.
Scroll up to see the stars to rate