How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15097
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Ok, here is UK professionals, no, FOrex trading profits

This answer was rated:

Ok, here is UK professionals
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: FOrex trading profits
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
REgarding profits from FOREX trading. I understand the profits are tax free because it is considering gambling. Situation is wife and husband and two children from Lativa. Are residents in Scotland for many years. Husband has a job as an engineer. THe wife does Forex trading in the morning when the children are in school. Let's say she made 50,000 GBP in profit in 2019 from forex. Must she pay tax on that profit.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly



If this is her sole income and /or she does this on behalf of others using their money (even family members) theh this is a trade and has to be declared as such





Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15097
Experience: 26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Follow up to original question
1. It’s all her money, or money she borrowed.

2. Her husband worked at a job earning money.
a) is there a threshold test ? As in what % of household income came from her and what % came from him?
b) 3 of the 4 trading accounts are in his name and he effectively did trading on those three accounts.

3. Is there a difference between ‘her’ earnings and ‘his’ earnings, or can they file as a family unit.
Obviously seeking a way to have this trading profit *nit* be considered ‘sole income’ So looking at all factors.