How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 11059
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

It’s my paye allowance issue and getting hold of inland

This answer was rated:

Hi it’s my paye allowance issue and getting hold of inland revenue is a joke
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: My codes have changed 3 times

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

What is your current code? Has any explanation been given for the change. Have you recently beein in receipt of un-taxed income?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Right I was on monthly pay got that code changed to 12500 after April
Changed job to weekly
They say I owe £146 as got paid by both companies in same month
I owe £1288 and don’t understand such amount only owing £146
My tax code was 12500
Then 1129L
NOW 1121L
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can’t afford losing anymore money sorry

It is more that half way through the tax year which exacerbates the situation. It will all come out correct by the end of the tax year.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou . I do hope so as they are impossible to communicate with and phone calls are £3.50 a minute ...

I never advise communicating with HMRC by telephone. Always put it in writing then you have a hard copy of what has been discussed.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support. Problems like this skew the tax tables which are designed to handle wages gently fluctuating up and down not correcting for double salary!