How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8392
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

We have established a company in the UK to provide

This answer was rated:

we have established a company in the UK to provide consultancy services to companies in non EU countries.The total turnover is likely to exceed GBP 80000.Also will these services be regarded as vatable.The UK /EU income is not expected to exceed GBP 80000.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Employees /Directors of the Company are not British or EU residents or nationals.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Sales outwith the EU are exports, zero rated for VAT. Your business will have to register for VAT and charge it on invoices, but at a rate of 0%. Input VAT may be reclaimed.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does the same also apply if the British Company via its employees /directors earns Directors fees abroad on behalf of the British Company

Yes, it does, there is no requirement for UK companies to have British Directors nor need they be resident there.

Thank you for your support.